Makeup Starter Kit

Hello guys I know I haven't posted in over a week - I apologise sincerely.

This is a post for anyone starting out with makeup or anyone who wants to revamp their makeup bag. I know I don't really post much on beauty or makeup but I decided to mix my blogging style up a bit.

All of these Products are available to buy in most UK drugstores i.e Boots and Superdrug.

Foundation

I personally believe if you are new to makeup or have been using it for years a BB cream or CC cream or maybe a tinted moisturiser is a lot better and healthy for your skin than a heavy foundation. I have used and loved the maybelline dream fresh bb cream that costs around £7.99 in Superdrug and Boots.The only problem i have with this product is that it doesn't have a very wide range of shades which isn't suitable for everyone.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream:
 http://www.superdrug.com/Maybelline/Maybelline-Dream-Fresh-BB-Cream-Light/p/424254#.VOZg0uasWSo

Concealer

Incase the BB cream hasn't got enough coverage for you then a concealer is the way to go if you want to cover up any dark circles, spots or redness on the face. A product that has nothing but praise is the collection lasting perfection concealer which is only £4.19 in boots and superdrug. it has been praised by online beauty guru Zoella aka Zoe Sugg and won a shout beauty award in 2014. Another amazing thing about this product is it comes in a wider range of shades than the maybelline dream fresh bb cream.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer:
 http://www.boots.com/en/Collection-Lasting-Perfection-Concealer_1436032/

Blush and Contour
I personally don't think contouring is very important if you are just starting out so a blusher is always the safest option i personally love the Me Me Me Blush but it can be pricey so a great drugstore alternative that I also love is the sleek blush flushed which can be purchased in 6 shades for £4.49 at Superdrug.

Sleek Blush Flushed:
http://www.superdrug.com/Sleek/Sleek-Blush-Flushed/p/606995#.VOZkNOasWSo

EyeShadow

When I first started teaching myself to do makeup I loved eyeshadow because I love my eye color and it was this one product I found was effortless to use and something I could afford at the time was the Mua Eyeshadow palette which is sold for £4 at Superdrug. My favorite of the palettes is the Undressed palette it has great everyday eyeshadow shades which are show easy to use and if you read the back of your palette it gives you instructions on how to apply the shadows to create a simple smokey eye look.

MUA Eyeshadow Palette Undressed:
http://www.superdrug.com/MUA-Eyes/MUA-Eyeshadow-Palette-Undressed/p/501051#.VOZme-asWSo

Lipstick
Lipstick is most likely the easiest makeup product to apply. I have currently been loving lip glosses as they are so simple and always looks nice. My personal favourite lip gloss is the Barry M lip gloss wand and is sold at Superdrug for £4.49.

Barry M Lip Gloss Wand:

http://www.superdrug.com/Barry-M/Barry-M-Lip-Gloss-Wand-Strawberry-Milkshake/p/217793#.VOZoo-asWSo

Brushes
when starting out with makeup you don't need loads of brushes only basic ones and I started with a set very similar to this Barry M one available in Superdrug for £9.99

Barry M Mini Brush Set:
http://www.superdrug.com/Barry-M/Barry-M-Mini-Brush-Set/p/892157#.VOZpZOasWSo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Make sure you tell me what you think of this post you don't have to buy any or all of these products I personally I and you are most likely better off not wearing makeup as it would help our skin out a lot
 better but if you like something and appreciate it don't worry about what people think only care about what you think!

Ellie xx

Question Of The Post (QOTP):
What Is Your Favourite Makeup Product at the moment and why?

Answer in the comment section below!










Comments

  1. Hello Peeps!
    oh goodness that was horrendous... any whom hope you enjoy this lil' old post on makeup and don't forget to answer the Question Of The Post!
    Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie! I cant think of any channel names hun but I really love your blog. the design is so cute. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bethany love, means a lot
      Ellie xxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Summer Book Challenge - TBR

My Fave 80s Movies

Why I Haven't Been Uploading?