My Summer Book Challenge - TBR

Hello Lovelies,

As of tomorrow it is the first week of the six week holidays in the UK aka the summer holidays (vacation). So I thought I would set my self a challenge to read at least 6 books one for each week! 

Here is the first book that I am currently reading! 

The Mortal Instruments City Of Ashes


This is the second book in the The Mortal Instruments Series when I started the first book I thought it would just be another annoying over the top fantasy novel especially after seeing the (awful) film of it but I judged a book by its cover and fell in love with the series the characters are so well developed and I am in love with the way Cassandra Clare writes! Most authors that write in 3rd person I hate because i feel like it is so disconnected to the characters but she doesn't do that you can acknowledge the characters emotions, thoughts, beliefs and why the characters act a certain way! I am just in love with this book series! 

I thought to continue with the next book in the series The Mortal Instruments City Of Glass! 


I thought as when I talked about the second book I didn't really give an overview of the book series so here I attempt to try and explain the universe of downworlders - Angels and Demons? 

Summary: Clary is an average teenager getting on with life when all of a sudden she starts seeing a boy with bright blonde hair and tattoos walking around the streets of New York but no one else can see him. So clary sets out to find out who the mysterious stranger is but ends up finding out about herself. This isn't very good so you should probably just search for a summary lol.

The reason why I have started to continue this series after so long is because a new TV series is coming out soon based on these books! Which I am very excited for!

Book 3 - Cat Among The Pigeons


This book is the second book in The Cat Royal Series and I finished reading thie first book back in 2012 and forgot all about the other books until in January my school library gave me a ticket for a free book I could keep and this book was one of the options so I grabbed it before anyone else could (the librarian made sure I got it because I told him how much I loved the first book haha). 

The reason why I love these books so much is because unlike other children's books that are set in an historical time period it is much more accurate I attempted reading some of Hetty Feather books by Jacqueline Wilson but the lack of accuracy really upset me I can put up with a few things being wrong but the entire book? I am sorry for my disliking of this book series as I know it's popular but I just didn't enjoy it! 

Here is the next book in the Cat Royal Series by Julia Golding.

Den Of Thieves.


As I didn't reply explain the story line but rather ranted whilst talking about the previous book in this series here is a brief summary.

Summary: Cat Royal was abandoned on the steps of the london theatre royal as a baby. The owner of the theatre Mr Sheridan took her in now she is around the age of 10 years old and it discusses challenges her and her friends have to deal with. This includes her friend Pedro being captured and used as a Slave and A cartoonist on the run from the authorities. Again not a very good summary! 

Book 5 Maze Runner. 


This is the first book in the maze runner series I bought them all in January and have been too busy to read them so I am hoping to have time to read this!  

Here is the blurb: 

When the lift cranks open, the only thing Thomas remembers is his first name. But He's not alone- an army of boys welcomes him to the Glade, an encampment at the centre of a terrible maze. The Gladers have no idea why they're there, or what's happened to the world outside. And following the arrival of a girl with a message they must find a way out - or die. 


The final book in the challenge is Beautiful Darkness! 


I didn't really enjoy the first book in this series but I thought I would try and read the second book! I read the first book loving it and just before I finished it I bought the second book and hated the way the first book ended so I am may have time to ready this but may also buy my books from the mortal instruments series to read? 

Summary: this book is written from the point of view of Ethan Wate an ordinary boy who falls in love with a new girl at school Lena Duchannes the niece of the towns resident boo radley. Ever since she started at the school mysterious things began to happen everyone believing she is a witch! Well she's not a witch persay but she is a caster at war with whether she is light or dark their is no Inbetween. 

I hope everyone liked this post this is actually my 100th blog post so I thought I would write a post based of the content I originally planned to have on this blog I never thought of creating a lifestyle blog but I had planned to create a blog on books and writing I have always loved reading and dream to be an author/journalist so for the next six weeks every Sunday post will be on books. 

Thank you so much for reading!

- Ellie Xx 

Have you read any of these books? If so let me know your thoughts in the comments or if you just have a book suggestion then please let me know I am ALWAYS looking for new books to read.

Comments

  1. I didn't get along well with the Beautiful Creatures series either, sad.. TMI series is great, but I really love her other series The Infernal Devices even more have you read it?! The Maze Runner is so great, I hope you'll enjoy reading it! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have bean meaning to read the infernal devices series so that will be next on my list of to be read books! Haha. Thanks!

      - Ellie Xx

      @thatweirdoellie

      Delete
  2. I really want to read the maze runner series too!

    http://beautybybethx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Maze Runner is on my list too and I am looking forward to The Dark Artifices from Cassandra Clare. :) Try Bloodlines from Richelle Mead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the vampire academy series so I think I need to read blood lines.

      - Ellie Xx

      Delete
  4. I want to read a lot of books that I found on Good Reads I don't even know which one should I start.

    -Ermal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my good reads list is like that too haha.

      - Ellie Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave 80s Movies

Why I Haven't Been Uploading?