My Fave 80s Movies

Hello Lovelies,

I have to admit I kind of love anything 80s or just anything vintage! So here is my post on some of my favourite 80s movies, these are MY favourite 80s movies I am in no way saying they are overall the best 80s movies of all time and no over movie can top these.



The 1980s is known for its pop music, big hair and crazy fashion trends but it also has some great movies and here are some of my favourites.

Pretty In Pink (1986)

Pretty in pink is a teen romance movie starring Molly Ringwald who is infamous for playing the ‘Princess’ in the breakfast club but in pretty in pink she takes the role of the outcast Andie along with her characters best friend in the movie Duckie played by the Two and a Half men star Jon Cryer they go through school unnoticed until a rich and popular boy called Blane asks Andie out.

My Review –

This movie is incredibly cheesy like a lot of romance movies of the 80s but that is what makes this movie great it stars some of the biggest stars of the time Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy. In parts the movie can be seen as quite boring and ridiculous due to the characters flamboyant actions.

Overall Rating 4/5

Back To The Future (1985)


Back to the future was voted the greatest 80s movie of all time in a recent survey and you can see why. Back to the future follows teen Marty McFly (Michael J Fox) whose close friend Doc Brown portrayed by Christopher Lloyd creates a time machine in the form of the DeLorean, Marty accidentally goes back in time to the 1950s where he sees what life would be like if he had gone to school with his parents.

My Review - 
I think back to the future is most people’s favourite 1980s movie because of its hilarious with the scene where Marty’s mother falls in love with him and when the schools bully crashes in the horse manure van.
Overall rating 5/5


Ferris Buelers Day Off (1986)


Ferries Buelers day of stars Mather Broderick who plays Ferries Bueler who is skilled in skipping class and pretending to be ill. Ferris is determined to have the best day off school ever he ‘borrows’ a Ferrari, Sings in a parade, and is trying to get away from Principal Rooney.

My Review -

I have to say that I think this is my favourite 80s movie of all time me and my friends watched on repeat when on holiday. It has so many hilarious moments and one of my favourites is when Cameron is trying to talk himself out of driving to Ferris’s house and Ferris tells us his view on it.

Overall Rating 5/5

Honourable Mentions

I did not have time to write about every single 80s Movie ever so here is a long list of some of my other favourites that I have not reviewed in this article. (basically every 80s movie ever)
·         The Breakfast Club
·         Dirty Dancing
·         Ghostbusters
·         The Star Wars Trilogy
·         The Indiana Jones Movie Series
·         Beverley Hills Cop
·         Gremlins
·         Terminator
·         Mannequin
I would obviously mention more but that would mean I would be sat here for hours! Haha. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as I originally wrote it to be an article for a magazine so its a bit different to what I usually post.

Please leave me a comment as I want to know what your favourite 80s movie is?

As always thank you so much for reading as you should know it means the world to me,
Ellie Xx

Comments

  1. omw yeeees, brilliant taste! I love Ferris and the Breakfast Club so much! I have missed chatting to you on your blog! It has been a while and you`r blog has changed so much since then! I love it!

    vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment and I know it has been too long haha!

      Ellie Xx

      @thatweirdoellie

      Delete
  2. I love Back To The Future and Ferris but Pretty In Pink has to be my favourite because I mean Duckie is just awesome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know duckie is such a cutie! You have got to love him when he does his dance in the record store.

      - Ellie Xx

      @thatweirdoellie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Summer Book Challenge - TBR

Why I Haven't Been Uploading?